Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Garage, iMD Grand Opening, Alleycat

I'm sorry for my lack of blogging as of late, haven't had a chance to sit down and actually write up everything that has been happening lately.

So this weekend just happened to be the best weekend I've had in a loooooooooong time. Everything seemed to be so surreal and I am sad that it is over and we're all back to reality.

My weekend started with Friday where I had a wonderful night out with thegirlthatimkindaseeingordating :) The two of us have had a rough week of school work and who knows what else, so this outing was just what we needed. We were looking for a place to go out and eat that wasn't too far from campus and she brought up The Garage. The Garage is a nice, cozy lil eatery hidden near the 7-11 on San Carlos & 11th St.



We had a nice sit down dinner there. I had the Angus Burger and she had some kind of delicious curry chicken and sweet potato fries combo. Afterwards we watched I Love You Man. She liked the movie and I have not watched it so we watched it, and I loved it. Seemed like the perfect movie to watch after a delicious meal.

The following day, Saturday, was the big iMinusD Grand Opening and the 4th and last installment in the W.R.A.P. Alleycat series. After the race was also the trick competition that JP had put together known as Quantum. However, since RATZ and SARDINES already purchased our Tiësto tickets, we didn't want to tire ourselves before the big night, so all of us decided to just help out at checkpoints for the alleycat.

Photo-0019

I worked the last checkpoint which was at Piedmont Hills. I ended up jumping on the STAFF last minute and worked it with Wah, Truong, and Holly. Because Wah had a craving for some Taco Bell, we came up with the idea for the racers who pass by our checkpoint to down a packet of Fire Sauce before they proceed to the finish at iMINUSD. Big props to Mark and the rest of the iMD family who put this all together and to all the racers who competed in this alleycat! Sucks that I missed out on Quantum, Gnarcotix, TCC catering, and the rest of the shenanigans that happened...

IMD Grand opening & "It's a WRAP" finale 11.21.09

IMD Grand opening & "It's a WRAP" finale 11.21.09

IMD Grand opening & "It's a WRAP" finale 11.21.09

IMD Grand opening & "It's a WRAP" finale 11.21.09

what a GREAT start for the weekend! next post will be on the epic Tiësto concert at the Cow Palace, stay tuned...

photo credit: Anna Marie

1 comment:

  1. :o) u so cuuuuute!
    and i like how you took a pic of the free food. true asian.

    ReplyDelete